In these critical times for students and families, our schools and the information they provide are increasingly valuable to the changes we're experiencing.
Director of Mental Health and Wellness
Educational Service Unit 5
Jen McNally is a director of mental health and wellness, psychotherapist and national speaker who has been providing mental health services, psychoeducation, and administration for more than 18 years to children and families in a variety of settings, including: residential treatment facilities, outpatient treatment, and schools. Jen previously served on Nebraska's Children's Commission (LB821) and was appointed as Nebraska's Psychotropic Medication Committee's chairperson. She currently works as a director of mental health & wellness for the Educational Service Unit 5 (ESU5), which supports 10 school districts in Nebraska, employing trauma-focused cognitive behavioral therapy (TFCBT) and CBT, among other modalities. Jen presents across the country on trauma-informed care, mental health, self-care strategies, and empowerment for public and private institutions.
School Psychologist and Mental Health Professional
Educational Service Unit 5
Jamie Mapp is a school psychologist/mental health professional who has been providing mental and behavioral health services for over 10 years to children and families in the educational setting. Jamie is the current Nebraska School Psychologists Association President. In that role, she is able to partner with the Nebraska legislature and other state organizations to support safe school environments and best practices that allow youth to thrive at school, home, and in life. Jamie also serves on the Nebraska Foster Care Review Board. She currently works as a mental health professional for the Educational Service Unit 5 (ESU5), serving Beatrice Public Schools and Freeman Public Schools, employing trauma-focused cognitive behavioral therapy (TF-CBT) and CBT, among other modalities. Jamie presents to districts on mental wellness in the classroom, and strategies that promote engagement for kids.
Virtual Field Trips
Visual Resources and Inspiration
Meditation and Mindfulness for Kids
- Annaka Harris Guided Meditation - guided meditation for children
- Cosmic Kids Zen Den - mindfulness for kids series
- Cosmic Kids Intro to Yoga - kids yoga adventures
- Cosmic Kids Peace Out - series of guided relaxations for kids
- Playworks Online Game Library - explore hundreds of games by group size, available space and equipment, appropriate ages, and developmental skill
- GoNoodle Library – movement and mindfulness videos
- Yoga Ed Youtube Channel – Yoga for Children
- Alo Yoga Youtube Channel – Yoga for Children
- OMTastic Yoga – free Yoga Resources for Children and Families
- Scholastic Learn at Home - day-to-day projects to keep kids growing
- PBS Kids Learn and Grow - age-by-age tips an activities for social-emotional learning, literacy, arts and more
- Second Step Summer Reading List
- CATCH Health at Home PE & Health Resources for Parents
- Facebook Live Julia Cook Online - Bookends with Julia Cook Mondays and Fridays 9:00 AM CST Facebook Live
- Free regulation skill-building apps
- Lunch Doodles with Mo Willems Learners worldwide can draw, doodle and explore new ways of writing by visiting Mo’s studio virtually once a day for the next few weeks
- Yoga with Adriene some kid and adult options, lots of topics, and lots of length choices
Send us your comments or questions by filling out the form below.